We’ve covered a lot of ground and a ton of topics. Basically, our format has been like this:
- Last week’s theme was “conviction” and we asked the kids to be on the look out for incidents in the show that people either were convicted of the wrong that they had done, or tried to convict others.
- We watched an episode called “The Chump” in which Michael realized that he was dating a married woman and did not care. The people in the office spent the episode trying to get him to see that he was wrong using a variety of methods.
- We talked about conviction as found in the Bible, using Genesis 3:1-12, Exodus 13:20 and Deuteronomy 17 and 1 Samuel 8 as examples of God’s conviction and leading.
- We also read Romans 1 and talked about how God is evident but people ignore what He’s done because of their own wickedness.
- We ended with a challenge to hear God’s conviction and in small groups we had some further discussion and prayer time.
- the first week that this song was released, it was downloaded 1.2 million times on iTunes, the fastest ever
- if your student has an iPod, they most likely have Lady Gaga on it, probably, this song is there
- we are determined to help our students discern, understand and see culture in the light of the Gospel of Jesus