Websites and Articles of Interest to Parents:
Children’s Six-hour Screen Day
Walt Mueller Review of Christless Christianity
GORF- Middle School Trip to Iowa/Nebraska Christian Convention
- We’re leaving THIS Friday by 11am, and will return no later than 4pm on Sunday, February 1. Please be at Eastview by 10:30 so we can load and leave promptly at 11.
- We’re staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown Omaha, the site of the Convention. This Holiday Inn is also the home of “Coco Key Water Resort”, a 6000 square foot water park...make sure your kids bring their swim gear!
- We have 4 students going, Beth Frederick, Brianna Scott, Kyle Hoback and Tyler Wright.
Lincoln Christian College and Seminary Campus Visit
- Seniors only!
- We’ll leave Sunday after church (exact time to be determined), drive to Lincoln, sleep in the dorm and spend Monday checking out the campus. We’ll be home Monday evening.
- Cost is $30 for a few meals, and any spending money.
- Please let me know by the end of this week if your student is going.
Mission: Kansas 2009 June 28-July 3 2009
- We’ll be talking about our upcoming Mission:Kansas mission trip, and the possibility of making it a “middle school only” trip. Do you have an opinion on the matter? We want to hear it, and our February ministry team meeting is the place to talk about it.
- Camp season 2009 is right around the corner. This week at youth group, the kids will each get a handout with some specific information about their camp weeks. We’re doing this now because we want your kids to go to camp!
- CIY’s summer conference is just for high schoolers. We have 5 high school graduates for whom this will be their last chance to attend as a student, and at least that many new freshman (for 2009-2010) that can go for the first time.
- I can’t think of a better send-off for our senior or a better welcome for our freshmen than CIY. It is an intense week of spiritual challenge and growth. They won’t want to miss it.
Have a great week!