Thursday, July 8, 2010

Monna's Post!

We awoke at 4:30  after  a very short night... Heidi sang Phantom of the Opera @ 12:30. We had a wonderful breakfast and then off to the airport in Chicago.

We landed in Dallas Fort Worth and barely made our connecting flight! Most everyone had already boarded.  We had no time for lunch... but we did eat about 4:00.  We got on a bus and rode out to  Gorgorron.

We are sitting down to ham and cheese tortillas at  9:00 pm. We helped with a VBS in a village area of Gorgorron. It was amazing to me how ministry happens here. Even though we saw impoverished people, the parents were engaged with their children. It was obvious to me that they love Jesus dearly.  We had about 97 kids, with a total of 132 including parents and adults.  Brianna and I helped with an early elementary group of 17 children.  I have never seen ministry happen with less space, supplies and resources. But believe me, God is here, and I saw Him changing children. I AM being changed too!

Please continue praying for His work here AND praise for arriving us safely. We are staying with Brigido and his family. We are having sweet fellowship!

Our memory verse today is Juan 3:16.

No comments: